Preventing the spread of infection and viruses, including COVID-19, is a top priority for Dr. Paul Lee and our team. On this page, you can read about what we are doing to keep you safe whenever you visit us. If you would like to learn more or if you would like to schedule a visit with our dentist in Fairfax, Virginia, please call 703-352-9600!
Employee Health Screenings
- Dr. Lee and our team undergo daily health screenings and temperature checks.
- Employees experiencing or suffering from illnesses are required to stay home until they have clearance from a physician and supervisor approval to return.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times and follow hand hygiene protocols
Scheduling, Checking In & Social Distancing
- We request that patients with upcoming appointments call our office and reschedule if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, and change in smell or taste).
- We request that you arrive five minutes early and call from your car to let the front desk know you are here, and we will let you know if the room is ready for you. This is to allow for social distancing in the office.
- All patients must wear a mask while in the office except during treatment.
- We request all patients to stop by the bathrooms to wash their hands before entering the office
- All patients are required to sign the prescreening consent form and temperature check before being brought into treatment rooms.
Sterilization & Infection Control
Universal precautions for our infection control procedures are based on guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association® (ADA), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This concept states that all patients should be treated as infectious since some with infections can be asymptomatic or unaware they are infected.
- All dental instruments are disinfected and heat sterilized in steam autoclave machines and packaged and sealed with sterile pouches until your appointment.
- Surface sterilization procedures are followed to clean and disinfect each operatory between each patient, using EPA-approved disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2.
- Staff thoroughly disinfect high-touch surfaces in common areas (tables, chairs, counter tops, pens, clip boards, etc.).
- Waiting room magazines, coffee and water areas are currently closed for patient use.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Dr. Lee and Yusof’s daily PPE includes gowns, eye protection, surgical masks, N95 masks and gloves.
- The PPE we use in our office is designed to protect both our patients and team members to prevent cross-contamination.