Are you looking for advice on the basics of oral health care? If so, you have come to the right place! At the dental practice of Dr. Paul Lee in Fairfax, Virginia, we care about your oral health and are thrilled to have the chance to help you achieve positive oral health. Positive oral health can be achieved if you have a solid oral health hygiene routine in place.
To help you understand more about your oral health here is some advice we would like to share with you:
– Protective tools that should be implemented into every person’s oral hygiene routine includes brushes and flossers.
– Use a brush that features soft bristles and toothpaste that is non-abrasive.
– Never brush your teeth immediately after meals. Instead, use mouthwash or sugarless chewing gum to help rinse out your mouth.
– Use a dental floss that is shred-resistant or a thread-free tool such as a water flosser.
– Where there’s no help with your oral health, visit your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning to rinse away any plaque and debris that you may have missed.
– Brushing cannot clean between teeth, so you’ll need to make sure that you are flossing once a day as well.
If you follow our advice on the basics of oral health care, you can help your teeth stay healthy for years to come. If you are ready for a dental checkup, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 703-352-9600 to make an appointment. Our dentist, Dr. Paul Lee along with our dental team are equipped and happy to assist you in any way we can.